In South-East Asia like Singapore, Malaysia, Phnom Penh, the Scandinavian minimalist style is widely accepted in people’s daily encounters. The concept and design of IKEA from Switzerland hits right on spot like love at first sight, this style is so popular all due to their contribution.
The trademark of Scandinavian style outline the magnificence of raw simplicity and serenity, straightforward lists of furniture with the note of natural palette.
As a result, pairing up Nordic Wood with white walls can be an ideal fit for one’s classy home.
What’s even greater? You can change the ingredients of the Scandinavian style following your philosophy and preference. This explains why the Scandinavian style tends to represent versatility, practicality, and accessibility in many minds.
Topping off such core values, the significance of natural light must be mentioned, a clean and open space, houseplants blending in the interior style as compliments to the inside living areas.
How do you create a Scandinavian living room?
Simpler than it may seem. Transforming the living is a good start, with Nordic design, as it is the heart of the home. Here are some helpful ideas and steps to get you started:
- Clearing the room non-essential or unused items.
- Paint the walls with neutral light colour.
- Wooden floor installation; if you can or remove carpets from wooden floors.
- Add a thick yet soft fabric, textured mat for that cosiness and comfortable sensation.
- Compliment natural fabrics to your furniture.
- Lighten your space with a statement pendant light.
- Choose minimal wood pieces to enrich the shelving.
- Add one or two plant pots.
- Take out loud designs, you may still use bold artwork on a wall with a personal touch.
- Use softer blue tones that contrast lighter shades.